Go Back   Bream Master Forums > FishPhart > Cameras and Accessories

Cameras and Accessories What Camera to Buy be it Big or Small and What to Get With it.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:43 AM
Mature Bream

Underwater photography options?

Hi All,
After seeing all the quality underwater photography being published in the FishLife magazine its really got me itching to get a decent setup for underwater fishing shots.
Does anyone know the camera or setup being used for those photos? Just a tough p&s camera or a full dslr in proper underwater hardcase?

Has anyone had any experience with the Olympus TG-3? Had a quick look online and has good aperture range and rest of the specs seem pretty good.

Any help would be awesome!
Cheers Sam.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Poddy Bream

I cant help with your other question but I can help with the TG3. I have a Olympus TG 2, the only difference between that and the 3 is the wireless.

Excellent camera both on land and underwater, yeah its not going to take pictures like a $1000+ unit, but it does ok for the price.

The following shots were taken in a rock pool at Kalbarri. We were laying down on a rock taking the photos so we couldn't really see what we were doing and didn't really expect much, so we were pleasantly surprised when we saw them on the PC.

Macro Shot

Land shot of a Diamond Travelly we caught at Kalbarri

If your starting out I would recommend this camera, sand, dust, water didnt phase it when we were away.
Old 15-11-2014, 06:59 AM
Mature Bream

Cheers mate, appreciate the pictures.

Anyone have any other info they could help me with?
Been looking around in the mean time for a full on underwater case to suit my 600D but prices are astronomical!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: