Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 18-07-2018, 10:11 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by manno View Post
I dont get much excited about internet things. Rarely click on links etc. But i was genuinely hooked! Actual suspense after part 5 ended! Partly cos i like building but mostly i think because he was such an easy likeable character. Awesome build, great dedication and on top of that, all the filming, commentary, editing.... what an effort! Loved that he shared in such great detail too. Step by steps and matching that up with vid times is really ott. I feel like i could build one!
The sanding has put me off building one.
Old 18-07-2018, 10:56 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
I dont get much excited about internet things. Rarely click on links etc. But i was genuinely hooked! Actual suspense after part 5 ended! Partly cos i like building but mostly i think because he was such an easy likeable character. Awesome build, great dedication and on top of that, all the filming, commentary, editing.... what an effort! Loved that he shared in such great detail too. Step by steps and matching that up with vid times is really ott. I feel like i could build one!
Yeah I watch a few U.S. youtube channels where the presenters adopt a "nice guy" persona that doesnt feel very genuine. So its refreshing to watch Timmy and see the real thing.

Re the build - yeah that was a huge effort - all that sanding would have broken a lesser man. The trouble shooting and time spent, give a well rounded view of the effort involved in taking on such a project. Watching his excitement on the maiden voyage was a good pay off too
Old 18-07-2018, 10:59 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stik View Post
The sanding has put me off building one.
Yeah - I remember a woodworker jokingly saying, that the only good thing about having kids is you can force them to do your sanding for you.
Old 20-07-2018, 10:30 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

His mate has a great channel aswell - He focuses on big fish out on the kayak and skiff and a little bit of landbased.

Mackerel, Kings, Snapper and tuna - also does catch and cook, gear set up and how to vids

No fishing in this one - just him talking about skiff setup

His first vid with Timmy

Old 22-07-2018, 12:41 AM
Blue Lip

As a furniture maker i know what its like to despise sanding.....

This thing looks a bit like that white skiff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikYDIdltIQs
Old 22-07-2018, 04:27 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
As a furniture maker i know what its like to despise sanding.....

This thing looks a bit like that white skiff.
Yeah there seems to be a bit of energy going into designing skiff sized craft - the innovations wont be stopping any time soon

Last edited by yellow door 1; 22-07-2018 at 04:31 AM.
Old 22-07-2018, 06:54 AM
Blue Lip

Some cool gear there. Most of them were more or less surfboards though? Probably not with fishing as their primary function. I like the idea of a skiff + small outboard. Like the bote or the one from your link. Id love to know if they make them from alloy? Im sure glass/foam is better but i like the idea of something that you can beat up pretty badly without worrying too much.
Old 26-07-2018, 08:08 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Some cool gear there. Most of them were more or less surfboards though? Probably not with fishing as their primary function. I like the idea of a skiff + small outboard. Like the bote or the one from your link. Id love to know if they make them from alloy? Im sure glass/foam is better but i like the idea of something that you can beat up pretty badly without worrying too much.
Yeah - at the time I stuck those videos up I was wondering how far battery powered craft had come - part of me suspected the run times might have got a bit longer

What ever they make those NZ mini metal jet boats out of sounds like the go for indestructible tinnys - the way those hulls survive being smashed over logs and rockbars makes you wonder if theres some sort of witchcraft involved

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: