Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Hulls

Hulls Come in here to find info on that next boat you buy…

Old 08-04-2016, 12:15 AM
Fingerling

New Boat Horizon Stryker 438 or Similar??

Hi everyone this is my first ever forum post so bear with me.

I'm after peoples opinions, advice and experience with the choice of my first boat.
I've already done some searching on the forum and read some good info.

The boat I'm looking at is the horizon stryker 438 side console with 50hp yammy on it.
I'll be using it to fish Cockburn sound and light offshore work when weather is good.

Has anyone had one of these offshore? Or knows how it rides?

Also interested in the Clark Rebel 449 Sc.

Most the side consoles I've looked at the main deck to gunwale hight is around 550mm to 600mm.
Does anyone know if there any that are deeper??

Cheers

Last edited by Bing; 08-04-2016 at 03:29 AM.
Old 18-04-2016, 08:46 AM
Poddy Bream

Welcome to the forum Bing. You will also need to look at and compare the depth of keel i.e depth from gunnel at the front to the maximum depth of the hull. Have you looked at the Mako Craft Frenzy. I have one of these in the 440 which is 4.5m long with a 50 Honda. I go off shore on the South Coast of NSW on a good day and some not so good. I handles it very well as with the deep keel it cuts through any rough water and has excellent stability at rest. I fly fish out of mine also and it doesn't rock around when you walk anywhere around the deck. Good luck with your choice
Old 19-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Big Bream

Im picking my rebel 449 centre console up this week. Ive got a 60hp mercury on it. More then happy to let you know how it goes this weekend once ive run the motor in. From what ive seem of mine so far very well built boat, clean finishes on everything, mines had the centre console cut down quite so it shouldn't get in the way.

Last edited by scott1987; 24-04-2016 at 07:56 PM.
Old 22-04-2016, 10:58 PM
Fingerling

Thanks Scott that would be awesome.
Think ill give the horizon a miss. Id prefer something with higher gunwales.

Ill also check out the mako craft thanks flyman.

So many options out there!
Old 24-04-2016, 07:56 PM
Big Bream

Took my new clark rebel 449 for its first trip yesterday on the brisbane river. Very impresses with it. With the 60 mercury on the back plenty of power. Handles nicely. Was a crappy day weather wise with 20 knots of wind and whitecaps in the river but felt confident the whole time even at short bursts of WOT. With a side console would make a perfect little sport fishing boat for 2 people. I wnet centre console on mine and am very happy with the choice. Defiently have a look at the clarks if you can. Very well priced also. Mine ended up at with a 60hp mercury 4 stroke. 80lb motorguide xi5, 2 trojan batteries. A lowrance hds12 gen3.and the normal accesories. Around 25k. The finish on the hull being painted is great. Hell of a lot better the quintrex i was looking at.. and alot better value. Equivalent quintrex with same accessories i wouod of been looking at low 30s for it.
Old 30-06-2016, 06:22 AM
Fingerling

Ill back up what Scott is saying about the rebel 449. I have the rebel 457. Only difference between the two is the 457 has a full transom with pod on the back. I cant fault them. I owned a quintrex before this and couldn't justify the extra money for a new one. Good dry boat..but very expensive

I was looking at purchasing the Horizon Stryker 454? Well built. I couldn't hand my money over because the depth between the floor and gunnel was no deeper than my 4.2 Also wasn't a fan of their full transom 'step' . took up a lot of room and didn't look right with the live bait tank in it.

Do yourself a favour and look at the clark rebels. 457 with 60 merc for $22500!
Old 30-06-2016, 07:11 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeD View Post
Ill back up what Scott is saying about the rebel 449. I have the rebel 457. Only difference between the two is the 457 has a full transom with pod on the back. I cant fault them. I owned a quintrex before this and couldn't justify the extra money for a new one. Good dry boat..but very expensive

I was looking at purchasing the Horizon Stryker 454? Well built. I couldn't hand my money over because the depth between the floor and gunnel was no deeper than my 4.2 Also wasn't a fan of their full transom 'step' . took up a lot of room and didn't look right with the live bait tank in it.

Do yourself a favour and look at the clark rebels. 457 with 60 merc for $22500!
Ive got the 449 w 60 mercury. Had it for 2.5 months now. Stoked with it. Only thing i need to add is a tool holder for the front deck and its set. Great ride. 33 knots barely trimmed out. Pretty dry ride. Ive got the centre console cut down about 25cms. Defiently look at the clarks mate. Well worth. Mine owes me including the 60hp mercury 4 stroke. 80lb motorguide xi5 60 inch shaft. Lowrance Hds 12 gen3. Just on 25,500. Going by quotes the quintrex renegades which i was looking at couldnt come close to that price wise. Top value for money. Well worth the look
Old 30-06-2016, 07:15 AM
Big Bream

LukeD you liking the mercury so far? Im loving mine. 9 hours of run time for 28 litres. Majoriry of thats been flogging the it as well.
Old 30-06-2016, 09:10 AM
Fingerling

Yeah very happy mate. Pushing 38knots, but like you have played around with it yet. Also done 9hrs and is going in for it's 3months service on Monday. You get yours from Karee Marine?
Old 30-06-2016, 04:35 PM
Big Bream

Yeh mate from karee. Mine goes in on the 15th for irs service. Very happy buting from there. Great service

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: