Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Rods

Rods Get the goss on what’s hot, and what’s not...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #211  
Old 15-03-2016, 02:22 PM
Rizzo Rizzo is offline
Mature Bream
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kiama
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt jorg View Post
Well hasn't the EDGE rod craze died!??............
What's the current craze Matt?? I say bring back the original TD battlers.... Sparrows forever even the Devel03 LTD
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 15-03-2016, 03:46 PM
tobymcclure's Avatar
tobymcclure tobymcclure is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bacchus Marsh
Posts: 1,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt jorg View Post
Well hasn't the EDGE rod craze died!??............
You must own any fella. My 702-1 is always the first rod i pick up !!! Absolute favorite
__________________
Proudly Supported by
Geneo Kustoms
http://geneokustoms.com/

Fish Tec Solutions

http://www.fish-tecsolutions.com/
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 15-03-2016, 05:39 PM
matt jorg's Avatar
matt jorg matt jorg is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
What's the current craze Matt?? I say bring back the original TD battlers.... Sparrows forever even the Devel03 LTD
I'm not sure mate? Not a lot of discussion on edge rods anymore that's all, for a fair while you'd see an update every time you visited and it was good to read!
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 15-03-2016, 06:39 PM
warren63's Avatar
warren63 warren63 is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 1,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobymcclure View Post
You must own any fella. My 702-1 is always the first rod i pick up !!! Absolute favorite
When going jack fishing my MBR684 is the first rod I grab.

60+ jack caught recently on that outfit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G0011693_1455956206212_high-1.jpg (412.8 KB, 15 views)
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 15-03-2016, 09:06 PM
Plugbar's Avatar
Plugbar Plugbar is offline
Mature Bream
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Qld
Posts: 331
Must be a good spot Warren I can't make out the background.
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 15-03-2016, 09:25 PM
manno's Avatar
manno manno is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melb
Posts: 1,857
Or the lure.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 16-03-2016, 01:05 AM
tobymcclure's Avatar
tobymcclure tobymcclure is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bacchus Marsh
Posts: 1,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren63 View Post
When going jack fishing my MBR684 is the first rod I grab.

60+ jack caught recently on that outfit
nice fella
__________________
Proudly Supported by
Geneo Kustoms
http://geneokustoms.com/

Fish Tec Solutions

http://www.fish-tecsolutions.com/
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 08-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Rizzo Rizzo is offline
Mature Bream
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kiama
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt jorg View Post
I'm not sure mate? Not a lot of discussion on edge rods anymore that's all, for a fair while you'd see an update every time you visited and it was good to read!


Yeah I hear ya mate convo has died in the ass for this topic I'm sure it will shine again when prices come down. Lol
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 08-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Kustom's Avatar
Kustom Kustom is offline
Big Bream
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Blackwater QLD
Posts: 715
I really like these rods,
Not only are they light , sensitive but also well built,
On a recent Barra trip I was fishing at night and hooked a good Barra (94cm)
And I didn't do the reel seat up properly and this fish just ripped the reel of the rod smashing into the first guide (50lb braid 60lb fc very strong drag ) and it still continued to pull drag while it was pushed up to the first guide .. After about 5 minutes the reel was back on the rod and the fish was landed . No damage to the rod whatsoever and continued to catch fish ... Not to many other rods could handle that pressure ..I also hooked a metre plus Barra on my Ul spin 664 using 5lb braid and 12lb leader chasing yellowbelly and my steez started screaming and the fish ran me under the bridge I was standing on and the reel blew up . And the rod was almost straight then the the Barra snapped me off but a completely locked reel and a big fish .. Hard to explain but I don't think I could put it on the angle I was on if I tried...
I have 11 of these rods so far and won't look back .. I think unless you try a few and use them instead of placing them in the to precious basket your wasting your time and money .. I don't have social media at all except for this and lately the fish I have been getting on these rods is fantastic and cannot fault them.

I would buy another soon if I got paid more however that's their only downfall in my opinion .. Price and variance at that .. One shop I know sells for 849$ and another shop sells for 750$ .

I think Poeple who have a few of these rods can and will agree there an amazing rod

Also I'm not a fan of the first strike range and decided on not to own one .. Each to their own though

Last edited by Kustom; 08-05-2016 at 06:11 PM. Reason: One more thing
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 11-05-2016, 04:41 AM
Louis446 Louis446 is offline
Mature Bream
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 217
Am after a new setup and have opted towards a edge rod. Will be using it mainly for throwing cranks and topwaters on the flats and occasionally lightly weighed plastics (1/16,1/20). Needs to be able to throw largeish topwaters like bent minnows but still have a light sensitive tip to work plastics. What model would everyone reccomend?
Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #221  
Old 11-05-2016, 06:46 AM
scott1987 scott1987 is offline
Big Bream
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: brisbane
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis446 View Post
Am after a new setup and have opted towards a edge rod. Will be using it mainly for throwing cranks and topwaters on the flats and occasionally lightly weighed plastics (1/16,1/20). Needs to be able to throw largeish topwaters like bent minnows but still have a light sensitive tip to work plastics. What model would everyone reccomend?
Cheers
Seriously how do you afford all these combos your asking about? Arent you like 14 or 15? Cos none of them are cheap.
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 11-05-2016, 06:50 AM
gsenaeef67 gsenaeef67 is offline
Mature Bream
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 130
Also, who stocks edge in Sydney?
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 11-05-2016, 06:57 AM
Louis446 Louis446 is offline
Mature Bream
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsenaeef67 View Post
Also, who stocks edge in Sydney?
I know fishin.com.au have them online and I think rockdale tackle shop might aswell. You based in Sydney?
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 11-05-2016, 07:12 AM
Joely's Avatar
Joely Joely is offline
Mature Bream
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lower Hawkesburry River
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1987 View Post
Seriously how do you afford all these combos your asking about? Arent you like 14 or 15? Cos none of them are cheap.
I'll also add that I think the benefits this rod can provide would be lost on a beginner. And please please PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, Louis. You will notice how light it is, but you won't catch more fish. You probably won't notice the build quality, sensitivity or any of the other things that justify this price range until you get much better at fishing. It is evident by the questions you ask here that it's simply a waste of money to get a rod in this price range. I'm not slagging on you and I'm not slagging on EDGE rods. I just think you need to sort out some other priorities with tackle and technique before you spend this sort of cash.
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 11-05-2016, 07:29 AM
Louis446 Louis446 is offline
Mature Bream
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joely View Post
I'll also add that I think the benefits this rod can provide would be lost on a beginner. And please please PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, Louis. You will notice how light it is, but you won't catch more fish. You probably won't notice the build quality, sensitivity or any of the other things that justify this price range until you get much better at fishing. It is evident by the questions you ask here that it's simply a waste of money to get a rod in this price range. I'm not slagging on you and I'm not slagging on EDGE rods. I just think you need to sort out some other priorities with tackle and technique before you spend this sort of cash.
Thanks mate and that is probably true. Will spend some more time fishing and see how I go and hopefully learn a thing or two. Dont really have anyone to fish with so learning new techniques and refining them can be a challenge.
Cheers
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Google