Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Hulls

Hulls Come in here to find info on that next boat you buy…

Old 21-09-2013, 07:54 AM
Mature Bream

Seatrail Trailers??

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has a seatrail trailer and can comment on their quality?
Im looking to get the (AL5.2M13) to go under my boat. Or if anyone can suggest another brand of trailer similar to the (AL5.2M13)

cheers
scotty
Old 06-10-2016, 08:31 PM
Poddy Bream

I know this is an old thread but was wondering if you or anyone on here has any experience with these trailers?
Old 07-10-2016, 06:49 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

I'm waiting for a youtube vid to load - so I've got a bit of time on my hands.

One thing you can always count on, is human error - and if that trailer was sold in kit form and shipped in a flat pack to be assembled elsewhere - theres alot that can go wrong with a perfectly good trailer.

When I was 21 - I upgraded my boat trailor to a "drive on" trailor to save time at the ramp.

I was going from a "beach launch/crack barrel" "Dunbier" trailer - to a "drive on" "Dunbeir".

I had alot of faith in the brand as it had done some serious km's and some seriously gnarly beach/reef launches.

So I had complete confidence in the capabilities of Dunbier trailors.

But what I wasnt counting on - was the staff, at one of the largest boating stores in the Southern Hemisphere who were in charge of putting it together.

I walked into the workshop and was surrounded by at least 100 years of workshop experience. ( in the end there were 3 apprentices, 4 guru's, a head technician...... and by the time it was all over - the owner) All of them were telling me the trailer was correctly assembled.

I had bugger all experience with boats and even less with trailor assembly but it didnt look right - once I demanded the owner of the store come and have a look - he confirmed everything was ok.................................

by coincidence, a local fishing identity was picking up his boat at the same time and came over to have a look at what the fuss was about. (this is a bloke who had actually spent time in numerous trailor boats)

He immediately agreed with my diagnosis of the problem....... - the effing idiots had installed the skids that catch the boat, upside down - but 8 professionals from Victoria's largest boat dealer, couldnt see that mistake until someone with media profile saw it .

If I'd launched with the trailor as it was, I would never have been able to drive back on to it.

So long story short - a great trailor is only as great as the blokes who put it together
Old 07-10-2016, 07:14 AM
Mature Bream

G' Day Mate, The seatrail its going great. Only issue was the winch that failed, i ended up putting a 2 speed on it anyways. I've also changed the bearings as i was doing general maintenance before a trip to Mallacoota..other than that she rides smooth and tows straight. Launch and retrieve is also easy. As mentioned they are assembled here in AUS so best to always check the nuts and bolts. Good value though.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:18 AM
Poddy Bream

Thanks for the reply of your experiences guys.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: