Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 04:31 AM
Blue Lip

I've climbed under the docks a fair bit yellow door and I think I've seen those catwalks you talking about they're under the central peir yer, and they run up most of it's length I was close to getting onto them but I got as far as I could without getting wet.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:39 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfinfisho View Post
I've climbed under the docks a fair bit yellow door and I think I've seen those catwalks you talking about they're under the central peir yer, and they run up most of it's length I was close to getting onto them but I got as far as I could without getting wet.
I've swum naked to Mulloway spots when the water was 11 degrees. 1 hand was doing the paddling, the other was above the water holding my clothes and fishing gear.

At this time of year - you could swim fully clothed and be dry in half an hour
Old 08-03-2013, 05:00 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlipz View Post
Hahaha, right if your name is John Osbourne or Toby Mclure or Tom Walker for example, you may be exempt from posting in this thread!!! Lol.
Ahahah

My original username 'silvertreva' was because of my love for the great silver trevally
Old 08-03-2013, 05:01 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
I've swum naked to Mulloway spots when the water was 11 degrees. 1 hand was doing the paddling, the other was above the water holding my clothes and fishing gear.

At this time of year - you could swim fully clothed and be dry in half an hour
And id imagine that this is no exaggeration.

CHECK THIS.......

http://www.facebook.com/BreaminNPerchin
Old 08-03-2013, 06:24 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexton View Post
Do tell yellow door 1.............Im very intrigued.
I've found you can tell alot about a bloke from his internet user name and avatar on a fishing site. Its the first impression you get of a bloke.

If a bloke uses his name and a photo of him holding a fish - that is often a conscious or sub-conscious reflection of how he wishes to be perceived.

Some blokes post PB's - others post the smallest - some post the most beautiful - others the most dramatic - some like sunsets - others like snags - some favour birdlife - others are gear-heads with closeups of the mechanical side of fishing etc etc etc.

My avatar was chosen after attending a social fishing session organised by another fishing website.

I had travelled a fair distance to get there. I was there to learn how to catch bream on lures.

What I encountered when I got there was like an infomercial. Catching fish seemed to be secondary to impressing each other with knowing everything about fishing tackle while ignoring the bits I was interested in.

When we eventually got to the task of catching a fish - these blokes were clambering all over each other to get to the fish.

I didnt even have time to bight my tongue, before another bloke stomped infront of the other bloke, who'd stomped in front of me.

These blokes, who had memorized the entire lure catalogs of all the major manufactures - were absolute menaces to fish with.

Their encyclopaedic knowledge of every lure known to man, made me think they were fishing guru's......................... They werent fisherman - they were collectors of knowledge about fishing, who had fark all idea about what spooks a fish

At that stage I came from a bait back ground - we caught DohDohDohDoh loads of fish and there is only so much hype you can put on a bait - a live crab is a better bream bait than a frozen pippie - theres not much to argue about.

After 45 mins with these blokes I cut my losses and left them to discuss why their favourite lure colour was better than another blokes favourite lure colour.

(Neither of them had ever landed a bream on the lure colour they were saying was better)

On my way home, I didnt have alot of positive thoughts about the "Bream on lure" fraternity. That style of fishing seemed to attract way-anchors who got into it, not because they were too easy to get on baits - They got into it because there was "street-cred" associated with getting them on lures.

On my way home, I ran into the magnificent beast in my Avatar - As dusk turned to dark, I fished a desolate inhospitable bank.

The jerks I'd just fished with, would never have fished it, because their designer sneakers would have got dirty - then their mates would have teased them for not looking the part.

But the darter I ran into had no mates - he was an efficient silent assassin - he fished on his own - dried his wings on his own. He didnt travel in a pack or require a squawking entourage.........

And at the time I was choosing my avatar photo - neither did I
Old 08-03-2013, 07:10 AM
Mature Bream

Benno, cos I don't like waffles…
Old 08-03-2013, 07:12 AM
Mature Bream

My surname is Duclos pronounced dew-clo. People have always mis pronounced it duck-loss. Didn't take long for Ducky to come from it. I use ducky as my name for everything in life now. First name is too common that it gets confusing with so many michaels about. Especially on building sites. And everyone remembers a nickname. I don't see it as hiding behind a name. It's part of my identity.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:23 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlipz View Post
And id imagine that this is no exaggeration.
I'm a fisherman - so I'm not immune to exaggeration - It may have been 11.5 degrees

Hypothermia is a state of mind that wants to claim you 50m before its due - when the panic hits and you have breathing difficulties - just stop breathing.(The panic hits as soon as you lunge naked into the darkness on a winters eve)

It may sound ludicrous - but its incredibly effective. For some reason your body screams for air it doesnt require. Fight that urge and you regain composure.

When you hit cold water - your body goes mental - as long as you dont - you'll be alright.

Especially if you've secured a rope ladder on a bridge pylon 50m from the bank.

If the rope ladder wasnt there and I wasnt lunging in on purpose - I'd imagine composure would be a bit more difficult to achieve

Last edited by yellow door 1; 08-03-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:41 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennno View Post
Benno, cos I don't like waffles…
You mis-spell your own name - with 3 "n"?

Monster Miki Addict
Old 08-03-2013, 07:43 AM
Blue Lip

Awesome topic Reece.

Well those that now know me know that my background was rallying and when i started getting into forums I had just purchased a Mazda 323 GTX rally car, so there fore GTXRALLY was born and now use it for a number of forums cause I'm too lazy and have a crap memory to think of anything else.
Just gotta love rallying, but bream fishing is cheaper and easier to practice and do and just as thrilling as whizzing through the forest at a 130kph sideways!!

my car before the gtx a ke20 corolla!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dale djerri.jpg (205.3 KB, 133 views)
Old 08-03-2013, 07:49 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxrally View Post
Awesome topic Reece.

Well those that now know me know that my background was rallying and when i started getting into forums I had just purchased a Mazda 323 GTX rally car, so there fore GTXRALLY was born and now use it for a number of forums cause I'm too lazy and have a crap memory to think of anything else.
Just gotta love rallying, but bream fishing is cheaper and easier to practice and do and just as thrilling as whizzing through the forest at a 130kph sideways!!

my car before the gtx a ke20 corolla!

Always wondered the story behind yours. Also you have had that same avatar pic for ages right? With your photography skills I thought you would change it more?
Old 08-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
When we eventually got to the task of catching a fish - these blokes were clambering all over each other to get to the fish.

I didnt even have time to bight my tongue, before another bloke stomped infront of the other bloke, who'd stomped in front of me.

These blokes, who had memorized the entire lure catalogs of all the major manufactures - were absolute menaces to fish with.

Their encyclopaedic knowledge of every lure known to man, made me think they were fishing guru's......................... They werent fisherman - they were collectors of knowledge about fishing, who had fark all idea about what spooks a fish
Word YD!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:08 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
"TheChief" Actually came from the Footy Show calling Jason Dunstal "The Chiefton" or "Chief" Because he looks like a big hairy Gorilla. So that caught on at work as a nickname for me....lol Dunno why...

You could say these days it has a different meaning on here....
The guys on the footy show didn't actually name him Chief it was the MMM commentary team and was a result of when he became the temporary CEO of Hawthorn. They have always said he looks like a gorilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
Always wondered the story behind yours. Also you have had that same avatar pic for ages right? With your photography skills I thought you would change it more?
haha Thanks Adam. I actually feel the same about the avatar pic as YD does, i used to change it when i took a pic I liked better, but the one I have used for some time is a little different, not the biggest bream but I just like the angle and like i said earlier I am a little lazy!!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Blue Lip

some may assume i have a love of greek mythology but they would be wrong.
cheers nereus
Surface 39cm and work in progress
H/B mully 83cm and not so bitter
S/P mully 85cm on 4lb FC
Old 08-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
The guys on the footy show didn't actually name him Chief it was the MMM commentary team and was a result of when he became the temporary CEO of Hawthorn. They have always said he looks like a gorilla
Ahh ok but how I got the name mainly came from Sam on the FS. Getting stuck into The Chief and calling him a big silverback, it was some pretty funny stuff. Especially when he actually came on the show. The Chief and looking like a gorilla stuck to me lol. Not sure why....

Quote:
haha Thanks Adam. I actually feel the same about the avatar pic as YD does, i used to change it when i took a pic I liked better, but the one I have used for some time is a little different, not the biggest bream but I just like the angle and like i said earlier I am a little lazy!!
Fair enough, just always wondered. It's not always about the biggest.

Mine isn't a PB and never was but I just love that photo. It was massive though.... It was a very memorable fish as well. Took some effort to land from a big snag!