Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Reels

Reels Who’s using what, find out in here.

Old 24-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Blue Lip

There are other factors involved in all that but thats one of them. I couldnt afford anything like that when I was 14, I had a bloody $100.00 reel. Your pretty lucky
Old 24-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Big Bream

Im not lucky.. I sweep floors.. to earn money. I have had to buy everything. Lures, rods, reels, line! and this reel is for christmas!
Old 24-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Bass View Post
Yes mate, I know why you guys do it. Its much better to save $100.00 on a reel sometimes but that $100.00 is a investment into the future of bream tournaments in Australia. Have a look at ABT, they have cut back heaps of tournaments, and WA has paied big time, I think they have 1 ABT comp now. It does my head in watching it all self distruct, all because of the high dollar.

No more to say

Cheers
Chris
I have no interest in competition fishing. Plus i buy plenty of stuff locally.
Old 24-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Blue Lip

M
Old 24-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamLannen View Post
Your right mate! But when you are only 14 you want things as cheap as you can get it!
I'm 35 and I still want things cheap as I can get it. I hope there's nothing wrong with that. Value for money, need vs want... But hey, that's democracy to you.
Old 24-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Mature Bream

Just keep in mind that if you do buy locally, you will get a valid warranty which may come in very handy!

I would have been up the creek without a paddle if I had bought my zillion type r from overseas when I needed the warranty for a little repair job, so glad I bought it locally!

There would be nothing worse than getting that 1 in a 10 000 reels that is an absolute lemon (the odds are probably longer than this, but with everything that is mass produced it does happen) and having no recourse with the manufacturer to have it fixed...

Just some food for thought when you are saving that $100 people.
Old 24-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Big Bream

Well said Cheyne! I will personally be waiting for the new Caldia to arrive locally... that is if I can wait long enough - Heartlands on special for $250 are hard to walk past (sexy matte black lol)
Old 24-10-2011, 11:37 PM
Mature Bream

Yes you should support your lacal tackle shop i do and they just sponsored a kids trout comp on the weekend where my three year old son cought two rainbow trout and won a pack of all sorts of fishing goodies and a free BBQ lunch and was happy as a pig in it.Without sponsors would not be possible..
Old 24-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Mature Bream

On the new caldia though, I had a play with one a while back at the launch nite at fishead...

If they price it over $300, get a luvias, simple as that, much better reel for the extra $80 or so bucks...
Old 25-10-2011, 01:19 AM
Blue Lip

Had a play with one locally yesterday. Nice and smooth, especially for only having 4+1 bearings. Reasonably light weight and under $300.

I can't help but to consider one for my jack stick.
I fish with hard bodies, soft plastics, live and dead bait. I own Shimano, Penn, Pflueger and Daiwa reels. Shimano, Pflueger, Mojiko, Penn, Silstar and Berkley rods. - Yes, I try very hard not to be bias!
Old 25-10-2011, 01:33 AM
Big Bream

I have they money for a certate, so ill buy it from an Australian website.
Old 25-10-2011, 03:11 AM
Blue Lip

Anyone buys a Caldia, give us a report after a coupple of weeks on how it feels, the lower model tend to get a bit sloppy after a bit of use.

I wouldnt buy another blue luvias. I have two and they are not that good, they both make crappy noises that I havent heard form a Daiwa reel before, guy at the shop said they would be fine after some use, That was bull!. The Ballistic is just as good but heavier and I got it for almost half the price! I dont know how it will hold up though
Old 25-10-2011, 06:46 AM
Big Bream

What Daiwa reel $350 or under would you reckon is best? Turns out I dont have enough for a certate.
Old 25-10-2011, 07:18 AM
Mature Bream

They are posted on fishhead for $300 which i consider a bargin but dont think that is a fixed price yet and i'll be sure to pick up afew models.
Old 25-10-2011, 07:21 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Bass View Post
Anyone buys a Caldia, give us a report after a coupple of weeks on how it feels, the lower model tend to get a bit sloppy after a bit of use.

I wouldnt buy another blue luvias. I have two and they are not that good, they both make crappy noises that I havent heard form a Daiwa reel before, guy at the shop said they would be fine after some use, That was bull!. The Ballistic is just as good but heavier and I got it for almost half the price! I dont know how it will hold up though
I have a blue luvias.. I've had it around a year and find it to be pretty close to the Steez I used to have.
I fish with hard bodies, soft plastics, live and dead bait. I own Shimano, Penn, Pflueger and Daiwa reels. Shimano, Pflueger, Mojiko, Penn, Silstar and Berkley rods. - Yes, I try very hard not to be bias!