Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Kayak / Canoe Fishing

Kayak / Canoe Fishing Just for those guys who prefer to paddle...

Old 21-04-2011, 08:28 PM
SLAZMO

Hi everyone,

So its been a while coming back here and it seems that there has been a bit of talk with out riggers and the like.

My mate thats got the same Tempo - however he's a lot lighter than me stands up on his easily... And fishes standing up no worries, and then when there are waves he's a bit shakey however still standing...

My Tempo that was shown here on my post was returned as it was faulty - and the biggest bloody run around was performed etc (anyhow Viking was at fault and honestly not a good company to deal with "full stop")!

So my new (heavier and more uniform moulded - non soft sided) Tempo may be outfitted with a outrigger in the near future, but having a rig that ensures that it is 100% removable with no unsightly brackets or holes would be a benefit in the long term...

If anyone's got any nifty ideas I would be greatful to hear from you
Old 26-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Mature Bream

Do you spend much time fishing early morning or late at night or in busy waterways?
I have just added a Yakattack Visi Carbon Pro flag and light a bit over a 100 bucks landed in Australia but excellent quality and performs well .
Packs down into the flag which is actually a pouch.
slips into rod holder or comes with a number of different mounting options such as the ram 1.5" ball.

Last edited by brendon; 26-09-2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old 28-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Blue Lip

I'm no longer a yakker, but had a viking tempo rigged with a 2.5hp suzuki for those days when you need to shoot 20km up river to find the fish, a 2 minute swap over to the leccy and your fishin
Almost planed with the 2.5

The cooper anchors are also worth a look for yakin, only 1 kg made of plastic and very fast to grab bottom, still use it for my 3m boat!

Ram mount 'light speed' rod holders where very handy as well.

cheers
Old 28-08-2012, 05:14 PM
SLAZMO

Cooper anchors are really an investment with kayaking!

I love my 'pinkie' - seems to entice whiting and flathead to the yak
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB100498.jpg (251.3 KB, 248 views)
Old 30-09-2013, 04:44 AM
Poddy Bream

Thanks for the tip on the anchor, looks like a good investment
Old 17-06-2016, 05:53 PM
Fingerling

The lightness of the Coopers is pretty appealing. I had one as my only anchor for quite a while. Sadly they don't do everything, not even close. They're great on shallow sand. Read up on them and sand is what you tend to hear about. They're are okay on rocky bottoms. They're not much good if there's weed cover because they have trouble setting. And, once the water gets to any depth, they start to get pretty frustrating because they're light and sink slowly and because they need a lot of line out to set (look that up and be amazed). Deep water + weed and they're (in my experience) totally useless. Add current to any of the above and things get even harder. Again, because of the lightweight thing.

I've taken to carrying two anchors: a small grapnel, which is now my go to because it gets down and sets quickly, and with some degree of accuracy. I also still carry the Cooper. When there's sand or mud I can't get the grapnel to take to I clip the Cooper to the back of the grapnel - with a bit of cord between the two. The grapnel gets the Cooper down, and the Cooper bites the bottom - a bit like a hook and sinker.

Goitta say; anchoring has been, for me, a surprise point of difficulty. It wasn't really something I planned on learning about! I'd love to hear how other people work it.
Old 19-01-2018, 09:38 PM
Mature Bream

Just turned mine into variable speed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mm.jpg (765.9 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by jonnie; 20-01-2018 at 10:59 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: