Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Lines

Lines Fireline vs the rest…who wins?

Old 02-05-2016, 09:11 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breamingwithjoy View Post
I have nothing useful to add other than just a quick correction.

You are talking about PE 0.6 and PE 0.5 not PE6 and PE5. PE5&6 are 50lb plus breaking strains.

Just seeing that was doing my head in. Carry on.
I said the same thing in his earlier thread. Obviously it wasn't taken on board...
Old 02-05-2016, 09:56 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella fella View Post
I swear there is some logical reason this happens to people. You see it time and time again on this forum, people buy a spool of braid, it falls apart on them, they get it replaced only to find the same thing happen again and it always happens to the same people.
Bad batches happen, its happen to me on line I used to swear by. So the above is a pretty unfair statement.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:11 AM
Mature Bream

Sorry guys Yes it is 0.5 and 0.6 My apologies.

Ok. Found the problem!! If you test the line with a straight pull. It's good! It's very thin, very smooth, casts well. I target a lot of Flathead. I let the lure sink to the bottom, then lift it up fast. The Flathead around here take it on the drop then sit quietly on the bottom. When you lift and there is the weight of a fish on the end,POP. It does not like sudden tension on the line. I can wrap it around my hands and pull slowly and it cuts my hands. Give it a sudden pull from no tension, and it breaks easily.
Thanks Howard.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:07 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscateur View Post
Bad batches happen, its happen to me on line I used to swear by. So the above is a pretty unfair statement.
It's not an unfair statement at all. All I am saying is that I have observed that the same people have had the same problem multiple times with the same line that other people use without a problem. I'm not suggesting that perhaps bad batches don't happen, or that anyone is doing anything wrong, just that there may be a common denominator causing the issue that could be as simple as something like a solvent, soap or lubricant that people use at work or home that may cause the line to degrade.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:48 AM
Big Bream

Sounds like salt crystal cutting your line. Try to rinse your spool thouroughly after use.
Old 14-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Poddy Bream

A couple of years ago I bought a 1000m spool of Stren Microfuse in 4lb from the USA. It has pulled in banjos, Port Jacksons, flathead, snapper and of course bream. I don't remember the last time it broke off, if ever at all.

I got it because I spooled a reel with it once and was impressed so I stuck with it. I have spooled most of my Reels with this bar a few which have Sunline Super PE which I am also very happy with

PB Bream: 32cm
Old 14-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Blue Lip

Unitika is in my opinion the worst line that money can buy, I've had the same experience with 2 seperately purchased spools of .6pe and could break the line between 2 fingers while taking it off the new spool before it even went onto the reel so there was no possibility of it being a problem with line guides ect.
There are plenty of good quality lines out there but this stuff belongs in the bin.
Old 15-05-2016, 04:26 AM
Mature Bream

Thank You.
Old 15-05-2016, 04:34 AM
Blue Lip

SEE WHAT I MEAN!!!

*puts on tin foil hat
Old 15-05-2016, 04:39 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranha View Post
Unitika is in my opinion the worst line that money can buy, I've had the same experience with 2 seperately purchased spools of .6pe and could break the line between 2 fingers while taking it off the new spool before it even went onto the reel so there was no possibility of it being a problem with line guides ect.
There are plenty of good quality lines out there but this stuff belongs in the bin.
Sorry man totally disagree. One of the best braids I have ever used...
Old 15-05-2016, 04:46 AM
Blue Lip

[QUOTE=stella fella;678026]SEE WHAT I MEAN!!!

No. Are you suggesting that I rubbed a soap, salt or solvent on the line as I got it out of the packet before spooling up?

Unlike some sponsored fishos on here I call a turd a turd I won't talk a product up 'polish the turd' to suit my agenda. If something smells like DohDohDohDoh and looks like DohDohDohDoh it's more than likely......you guessed it.... DohDohDohDoh.
Old 15-05-2016, 04:49 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
Sorry man totally disagree. One of the best braids I have ever used...
Thats ok mate we can only draw conclusions from our own experiences and it sounds like we have had very different ones.
I would recommend fins or ebay special over the stuff but thats just my opinion.
Old 15-05-2016, 05:09 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella fella View Post
SEE WHAT I MEAN!!!

No. Are you suggesting that I rubbed a soap, salt or solvent on the line as I got it out of the packet before spooling up?

Unlike some sponsored fishos on here I call a turd a turd I won't talk a product up 'polish the turd' to suit my agenda. If something smells like DohDohDohDoh and looks like DohDohDohDoh it's more than likely......you guessed it.... DohDohDohDoh.
I certainly hope you use soap
Old 15-05-2016, 05:32 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranha View Post
Thats ok mate we can only draw conclusions from our own experiences and it sounds like we have had very different ones.
I would recommend fins or ebay special over the stuff but thats just my opinion.
100% man that's just my opinion. We all have our own opinion and the main thing is that we respect eachothers opinions.
Old 15-05-2016, 06:45 AM
Blue Lip

I completely agree Bash it's a shame that some others here like to take cheap shots just because an opinion is expressed that doesn't match theirs.