Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > NSW Scene

Old 11-09-2016, 07:55 PM
Mature Bream

Merimbula

Snow season is basically done and dusted here in Vic so I'm thinking of heading up the sapphire coast for some spring fishing. If anyone out there that lives and/or fishes the merimbula area can comment on how it fishes in spring that would be much appreciated.

I'm not looking for anyone's specifics-I like the challenge of working out a fishery myself-I'm just concerned that given it's position on the coast it stays a little cool so I'm in two minds as to whether or not I should just continue to head further up the coast at this time of year instead.

I've also searched the forums but didn't come up with much, cheers.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:09 PM
Big Bream

Always good info here ...
http://tackleworldmerimbula.com.au/fishing-report/
Old 11-09-2016, 08:27 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
Snow season is basically done and dusted here in Vic so I'm thinking of heading up the sapphire coast for some spring fishing. If anyone out there that lives and/or fishes the merimbula area can comment on how it fishes in spring that would be much appreciated.

I'm not looking for anyone's specifics-I like the challenge of working out a fishery myself-I'm just concerned that given it's position on the coast it stays a little cool so I'm in two minds as to whether or not I should just continue to head further up the coast at this time of year instead.

I've also searched the forums but didn't come up with much, cheers.
Lived in Merimbula for 20 years. Not super great at the moment, water temp is pretty uniform the whole way from eden to sydney in most of the estuaries. November is when the bream start moving again in merimbula and it dosent really fire until late Jan.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:53 AM
Mature Bream

Thanks guys, I had checked out the local report and yes it wasn't exactly glowing hence my concern.
Old 13-09-2016, 07:50 AM
Blue Lip

I'm in Merimbula mate, the bream and perch are going ok in the Bega river, always worth the 20 min drive up there this time of year. Always pretty tough in August and September here.
That Tackleworld report pretty much sums it up mate.
Cheers Matt
Old 13-09-2016, 07:20 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windknot View Post
I thought that too, until I started looking back through their previous reports and found they just seem to copy paste from report to report.
Old 13-09-2016, 08:55 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortinaboy View Post
I thought that too, until I started looking back through their previous reports and found they just seem to copy paste from report to report.
Look a little closer and you will see they will change them when fishing changes. Fishing especially in winter dosent change dramatically in Merimbula over winter so they copy and paste reports if the conditions are basically identical to the previous week.

When fishing changes the reports change simple really.

No point in writing up a flowery report about identical conditions and fishing to the previous week.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: