Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Rods

Rods Get the goss on what’s hot, and what’s not...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2014, 11:00 PM
Big Bream

Hi All

Some interesting comments there guys - to give you a bit of history about the Edge Rods - Gary Loomis has designed these rods for anglers that want the next step in rods , as he did with Loomis he is setting a new bench mark. I have fished with all the models that are available to the Aussie fishing fraternity from the fwr 701 with 2lb straight through to the ISR 708 on big goldens over offshore wrecks. The sensitivity and ultra light weight really needs to be seen and felt to be believed. The drop shot 6100 is so sensitive that I actually struck the first time I fished a jig head rig head plastic and it hit the bottom. The fwr series are the main choice for Bream fisherman wanting the finesse approach for crank baiting or floro straight through. They have a slightly more medium action to prohibit pulling hooks.The ISR range is a slightly different build with the softer tip and a stronger mid section - only slightly different to the FWR series but as mentioned previously here - some guys prefer a stiffer rod to others and Gary Loomis knows this and has designed these rods to suit. Then there is the Drop shot 6100 spin - it is the nicest rod I have used. I was previously a GLoomis pro staff angler with EJ Todd for 5 years and my all time favourite rod was the dsr 820 glx followed by the Tsr - this rod is a step up again. It is the most popular model as when people pick it up it sells itself , but when you put a reel on it and fish it then you really appreciate it's design and the reason for its price quite quickly becomes apparent !!!

Hope this helps

Regards