Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Getting Started

Getting Started If you’re new to the Sport then this is the forum for you.

Old 14-01-2015, 04:41 AM
Big Bream

Lake eildon land based

Hi
Does anyone know of some good spots at the moment at eildon that can be fished off the shore? I'm mainly after yellowbelly and cod but happy with anything. I'm based around the Elidon town/boat ramp area, but can move around. I'll be using small spinnerbaits, hard bodies and plastics.
Old 14-01-2015, 06:10 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breamtim View Post
Hi
Does anyone know of some good spots at the moment at eildon that can be fished off the shore? I'm mainly after yellowbelly and cod but happy with anything. I'm based around the Elidon town/boat ramp area, but can move around. I'll be using small spinnerbaits, hard bodies and plastics.
I've got very little recent experience with Lake Eildon. But this will keep you going until someone who knows what they're talking about replies.

Unfortunately all my experience with the big lake is from a boat. I was there about a year ago and we got there at about 6am. Before we launched I had a quick look around and fish could be seen rising near the boat ramp. I imagine they were small redfin and trout. When we were out on the boat we targeted some banks and the small redfin were hard up against them and taking small soft plastic lures. Occasionally a big trout would chase a hooked reddy but they werent taking our lures.

The only big groupings of large fish we saw on the sounder were out in the middle along way from shore. But that doesnt mean much - its just what we managed to see that day.

We ended up ditching the lake to go landbased in the river below the pondage. River trout have a smaller window of opportunity to take food as it washes by in the current so they can be more aggressive lure hitters. We got more hits from trout in 45 mins in the river - than we got over the hours in the lake from the boat.

So none of this helps you with the natives but I think I remember seeing a dvd on landbased yellas in eildon - I'll see if I can search it out on youtube
Old 14-01-2015, 06:13 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

If you type "Golden Perch Eildon" into youtube there are a few videos to give you an Idea of habitat to look for and lures and techniques to use
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52667.jpg (79.7 KB, 60 views)
Old 14-01-2015, 07:35 AM
Blue Lip

Very big lake, it can be very productive landbased but one of the problems is that alot of the spots people do well landbased are only accessible by boat. Yellas and cod can both be caught close to the shore one spot I've seen some cod taken would be under and around the Bonnie Doon bridge on the rocks but that may be a fairly popular spot I've personally never fished it landbased.