Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Boating Accessories

Boating Accessories Sounders, Fixings, Safety Gear and More

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 07:37 AM
Poddy Bream

I just bought a Elite 4x for my yak and i am concerned about the unnused temp terminal being open to water.

Is this something that can cause damage to unit if it were to get wet?
Can you buy caps to put on the terminals? If so where, i am in Perth

Thanks
Old 12-12-2013, 03:28 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
Thanks nabs really appreciate it mate. I'm going to have a look for a converter anyway. Really appreciate the help guys. Take care.
Hey mate sorry for the delay. Had a look today. Couldnt work out if you could change the format. Doesn't look like you can. Mite be best to just use a converter.
Old 13-12-2013, 12:48 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Wilson View Post
Yes mate they call it spotlight scan
check this out
http://www.lowrance.com/Root/Lowranc.../Spotlight.pdf
you can control it from your cable steer motor guide electric
its just been released in the us
Stephen I can purchase a spotlight scan from the states but before I do I need some more info.I already have a HDS 9 touch with a through hull transducer and downscan etc at the helm and also one on my cable steer Minnkota fortrex on my triton bassboat.If I was to put the spotlight on my Minnkota fortrex would the signals from both interfere with each other?
Also my fortrex TM is a the version with built in transducer.I can easily disconnect this so its not in use but as the transducer is slightly lower than the main body of TM would this interfere with the signals.From the pictures of the spotlight fitted it appears its transducer would be lower but I just want to sure.Thanks mate
Old 13-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Poddy Bream

Can anyone help with the below screenshots off my HDS12. Both were taken yesterday and for some reason there seems to be scattered dots between 2-10ft. I am not sure what's happened or if for some reason the settings have changed.

Old 13-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Big Bream

Justatinny

I would say its just picking up small objects in the water, maybe weed?
As you have it on auto sensitivity it may not have been as sensitive previously and they did not show up. Just tune down the sensitivity if you want to get them off the screen. Also select the advanced button and it will give you a few more options to reduce the clutter on the screen.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:51 AM
Mature Bream

g,day everyone I scored a lowrance elite5x hdi for chrissie I was looking at a ram mount with a quick release fitting do elite 5s have the same mounting system in the back of the unit?
Old 10-03-2014, 08:00 PM
Mature Bream

never mind - found the problem.
Will be a cheap fix.
Although was kind of hoping for an excuse to upgrade to 5x HDI...

Last edited by spork; 10-03-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 16-03-2014, 01:19 AM
Mature Bream

OK. Problem not solved...
2 YO Elite 4x DSI.
Not showing bottom detail. Only working is shallow (<9m) water. Used to show awesome detail and have used in 45m deep no problems.
It's "shoot through" mounted in my kayak.
I thought I'd solved the problem when I noticed the silicone holding it in was coming loose so I re-siliconed it - worse than ever today. It wasn't "seeing" jack schit.
Battery is good. (checked with another sounder). Shows 12.6 (ish) Volts on both when fully charged.
Any ideas?
Old 17-03-2014, 12:20 AM
Mature Bream

X-4 Pro fish finder fault

My Lowrance x-4 sounder will only read 60m while flashing .
This happened sometimes if I turned it on when too shallow and was just a matter of waiting until I reached 1.5m+ turn it off then on again and it would adjust and start reading correctly.

Now it wont read other than 60m , just wondering if there is a reset option or if this has happened to others .

It's just over 12 months old , battery fully charged and never gets removed from my yak ......... Time for a new one ???

Cheers
Steve.
Old 16-07-2014, 12:24 AM
Poddy Bream

Hooking up a 2nd lowrance advice

Sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find a thread linking these two particular sounders, I have just ordered a new boat which is going to have a Lowrance HDS-7 gen 2 touch mounted at the console and was lucky enough to score a Lowrance HDI 5 elite thanks to a promotion the boat company was running and im planning on setting this one up on the front casting deck.
My questions are:
*can I run the 2nd sounder using the same transducers that the HDS-7 is hooked up to or will it require its own transducer?

*Ive heard certain sounders can be linked using a single cable, can these two particular sounders be linked in this way? and if so, does the 2nd sounder need be hooked up to a power source aswell or does it receive power thru this single cable aswell?

Any advice on whats the best way to hook these two sounders up and linking them together would be greatly appreciated as ive never had a boat running two sounders before so I have no idea.
Cheers.
Old 16-07-2014, 01:17 AM
Mature Bream

You cant link a HDS and the HDI system to each other.

And if you run 2 sounders you need power to each unit just the cables (ENET) provide the interface between the 2 units.

You would need to run the HDI system on its own with its own transducer.

Try and offload the HDI and get a HDS 5 head unit.
Old 16-07-2014, 03:16 AM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjspinner View Post
You cant link a HDS and the HDI system to each other.

And if you run 2 sounders you need power to each unit just the cables (ENET) provide the interface between the 2 units.

You would need to run the HDI system on its own with its own transducer.

Try and offload the HDI and get a HDS 5 head unit.
Thanks for that info bjspinner, not what I wanted to hear though might have to offload it and get a hds5 as you suggested. I definately dont want to have a separate transducer just for the hdi, could I possibly mount it on the console alongside the hds7 and just use it as a dedicated gps unit? That way I dont have to split screens on the hds7. I obviously dont need it connected to a transducer if its only being used as a gps do I? Just need it hooked up to a power source as I believe it has a built in gps antenna is that correct?
Old 16-07-2014, 03:23 AM
Poddy Bream

You could still run it up front just use one of the trolling motor mounts for the transducer. Very easy to set up and works awesome showing what's directly under your feet.
Old 16-07-2014, 04:44 AM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by breambarron View Post
You could still run it up front just use one of the trolling motor mounts for the transducer. Very easy to set up and works awesome showing what's directly under your feet.
Thanks breambarron thats a good idea, I forgot about the option of mounting the transducer on the minn kota. That might be my best option. Cheers
Old 20-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Poddy Bream

My temperature is no longer working on my HDS Touch, all it displays is 0.0. Have done a google search but can't find an answer. Can anyone help

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: