Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Reels

Reels Who’s using what, find out in here.

Old 20-10-2015, 02:18 AM
Big Bream

Stradic FK or ci4+?

Hi

I'm looking at getting a new 2500 spin reel. Thinking either the new Stradic FK (which I'll probably get) or a ci4+. Is it worth waiting a few weeks until the shop gets the new Stradics in or just get a ci4+ now?

Any reviews on either would be great too.
Tim
Old 20-10-2015, 02:30 AM
Blue Lip

Ci4+ just because "everything"... I just do t see any real worth in the FK... I am yet to strip one down but by the way they're selling I'm doubtful I'll see one for a few years...

Ci4+ Stradic is pretty hardy, I've had mine for a long while now and its not worn one bit internally at all and that after a lot of use and using it as a test reel for varying grasses and oils.
Old 20-10-2015, 02:47 AM
Big Bream

If its the stradic FK you want, here's one for $229 plus postage (one left)

http://www.marine-deals.com.au/shima...-spinning-reel
Old 20-10-2015, 02:47 AM
Mature Bream

I have a couple of Ci4/Ci4+ reels. Have a Biomaster which feels smoother and stronger. Don't count out an FG Sustain, feels better in the hand to me.
Old 20-10-2015, 05:10 AM
Blue Lip

Hard to go past the CI4 Stradics, all of mine have copped a flogging over the years and they are still super smooth and always a pleasure to fish with. The FK is a nice reel and surprisingly smooth...But out of the two, I'd probably go the CI4.
Old 20-10-2015, 05:52 AM
Mature Bream

CI4 Stradic in my opinion...mine gets a workout most weekends and is a real workhorse. Really comfortable in the hand especially if you are flicking all day
Old 20-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Fingerling

Not a 2500 but been using the 4000fk since they came out and impressed so far. No issues to report, great reel. Nice loud sounding drag and of course smooth as butter under load.

What I also liked about it was the nice grippy texture on the knob. Very comfortable to use for high speed spinning. You pay big bucks for other reels and you get crappy knobs eg. Certate, Exist. Well done Shimano..
Old 20-10-2015, 11:16 PM
Big Bream

Fk is miles ahead of fj and ci4 or ci4 plus. it's built on a much stronger frame with tighter tolerance. I've got c3000hg, c3000, 4000 and c5000. Comparing them side by side with fj and ci4 I must say the fk is on a totally different level. Reel repairers won't see fk anytime soon because fks require minimal maintenance. Also due to the tight tolerance, it's very unlikely they will wear much through heavy use. I doubt anyone who has fished extensively with a fk can go back to a ci4
Old 21-10-2015, 12:13 AM
Fingerling

I am having the same dillemma, 1st "good" real to go on a Daiwa Itchy Twitchy. Cant decide between the 2.
Old 21-10-2015, 12:20 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudeta View Post
I am having the same dillemma, 1st "good" real to go on a Daiwa Itchy Twitchy. Cant decide between the 2.
Ci4+

Itchy twitchy will balance better.
---------

Had the same thought but I went with the Ci4+ because of the weight. I think the FK is mechanically a better reel but that is just speculation because I don't own one. I fished the rod with my Sustain FG and it's okay but definitely heavy in the hand. Would expect the same heavy feel from the FK as it should be roughly the same weight as the FG.

Last edited by nbdshroom; 21-10-2015 at 12:26 AM.
Old 21-10-2015, 12:39 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin19870316 View Post
Fk is miles ahead of fj and ci4 or ci4 plus
But miles behind in the looks dept...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbdshroom View Post
I think the FK is mechanically a better reel but that is just speculation because I don't own one.
For sure - but it needs to be looked into to see whats going on between parts after a fair amount of use.

Quote:
Would expect the same heavy feel from the FK as it should be roughly the same weight as the FG.
The FK is taller than the FG also...

Last edited by Slazmo; 21-10-2015 at 12:41 AM.
Old 21-10-2015, 01:15 AM
Fingerling

Quote:
Ci4+

Itchy twitchy will balance better.
---------

Had the same thought but I went with the Ci4+ because of the weight. I think the FK is mechanically a better reel but that is just speculation because I don't own one. I fished the rod with my Sustain FG and it's okay but definitely heavy in the hand. Would expect the same heavy feel from the FK as it should be roughly the same weight as the FG.
That's what I thought. Decision made. Thanks
Old 21-10-2015, 01:59 AM
Big Bream

The other thing though is the Hagane... The ci4+ has it anyway I think. Apparenly it is just renamed Paladin Gearing. I think I'll go the ci4+ just simply for weight and also it seems very similar internally.
Old 21-10-2015, 04:15 AM
Poddy Bream

Owned and used both ci4+ and FK. My C3000HG FK is by far my favorite estuary reel where I need to stop Jacks, Barra and by-catch quickly. The ci4+ just didn't feel substantial to me, I didn't like the handle and it got noisy very quick. In 2 months of use the FK far outshines the ci4+ I had owned.
Old 21-10-2015, 04:44 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breamtim View Post
The other thing though is the Hagane... The ci4+ has it anyway I think. Apparenly it is just renamed Paladin Gearing. I think I'll go the ci4+ just simply for weight and also it seems very similar internally.
Can't be further from the truth. Hagane is metal body while ci4 is plastic body.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: