Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Reels

Reels Who’s using what, find out in here.

Old 19-01-2018, 07:03 PM
Poddy Bream

Help with reels

Hi crew, got a few questions. I am on a total tight budget for my fishing and enjoy getting out in the kayak for Bream and Freshwater species. Lately I’ve been trying ocean and Estuary and my reels have suffered. I only roll with cheap Diawa Sweepfires and Shimano Sienna’s. At under $50 I had to get them. Any way, I haven’t treated them as well as I should and both Diawa’s are cactus. They get dumped in the salt a lot now as my rod holders are flush mount on the yak. Could some one point me in the right direction for Maintenance advice please? Also if I am starting to go ocean what reel setup would you all recommend for my rods (below in my signature) I am not chasing monster fish mainly looking to prep for Salmon season, should be fun on a Bream rod.

MHX 720 Custom 6'
Shimano Sienna 1000
Glide Reflections modified

RIP(on the bottom of the Collie River)
Shimano Bushy Lurelegend 5'10"
Daiwa Sweepfire 2500
Old 19-01-2018, 09:40 PM
Blue Lip

For storage run a rod rack behind your seat and that'll keep the reels high enough away from salt spray - not all but rnough to lessen service intervals.

Service intervals with ocen kayak fishing will be greater as the severity of exposure to elements is greater and things like reels like to corrode in these environments.

With rod holders being drck mounted i would go those extensions that raise the rods out or if your inclined like myself get some PVC and make your own extensions by having an inserted pvc tube and extending it past the deck and then sleeveing it and running a larger diameter pvc tube above deck to accept whatever diameter rod grip your running.

Here's a pic of my rod rack in my new $50 yak 😆
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170906_211124.jpg (236.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20170928_114456-1.jpg (415.9 KB, 1 views)
Old 19-01-2018, 11:07 PM
Poddy Bream

Slazmo
Awesome, cheers for the pics, that’s a great idea.
FYI, how do you post pics? I cant use Photobucket any more as it bugs out so I am at a loss.

MHX 720 Custom 6'
Shimano Sienna 1000
Glide Reflections modified

RIP(on the bottom of the Collie River)
Shimano Bushy Lurelegend 5'10"
Daiwa Sweepfire 2500
Old 19-01-2018, 11:16 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collie Yak View Post
FYI, how do you post pics? I cant use Photobucket any more as it bugs out so I am at a loss.
Im just uploading them as per normal with the webpage - opens up in a new window and i add them and upload, then close the uploading window to return to the speel I've written with the images attached - i do view it as normal so no need to "view as desktop site" or use a 3rd party image carrier.

Not sure why people are having dramas?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_2018-01-20-13-13-40.png (63.7 KB, 119 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_2018-01-20-13-15-25.png (89.9 KB, 119 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_2018-01-20-13-15-32.png (40.8 KB, 120 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_2018-01-20-13-16-14.png (48.3 KB, 118 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_2018-01-20-13-16-38.png (135.8 KB, 118 views)

Last edited by Slazmo; 20-01-2018 at 04:51 AM.
Old 20-01-2018, 12:02 AM
Fingerling

"Also if I am starting to go ocean what reel setup would you all recommend for my rods (below in my signature) I am not chasing monster fish mainly looking to prep for Salmon season, should be fun on a Bream rod."

As for a reel for ocean kayaking/casting for the beach for them salmon, you cannot go past Penn reels for there reliability, strength and for some models IPX6 water resistance. But come with a very heavy metal designed body.
Old 20-01-2018, 01:19 AM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slazmo View Post
Im just uploading them as per normal with the webpage - opens up in a new window and i adf them and upload amd then close it to return to the speel I've written - i do view it as normal so no need to "view as desktop site".

Not sure why people are having dramas?
If there is anyone out there that undestands those instructions I would really appreciate a translation.
Old 21-01-2018, 12:07 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sBlackjabiru View Post
If there is anyone out there that undestands those instructions I would really appreciate a translation.
When you are replying to/creating a post click on the "manage attachments" icon beneath the area where you type your text, a new window should appear with a "chose file" icon. Click that icon, select an image from your saved pictures and then click the "upload" icon. Your image will now be attached to the post, providing that the image you selected fits the appropriate parameters for the particular file type. You can then close the "chose file" window and continue writing or submit your post.
Old 22-01-2018, 07:28 AM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella fella View Post
When you are replying to/creating a post click on the "manage attachments" icon beneath the area where you type your text, a new window should appear with a "chose file" icon. Click that icon, select an image from your saved pictures and then click the "upload" icon. Your image will now be attached to the post, providing that the image you selected fits the appropriate parameters for the particular file type. You can then close the "chose file" window and continue writing or submit your post.
Many thanks for taking the time to help👍👍

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: