Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Getting Started

Getting Started If you’re new to the Sport then this is the forum for you.

Old 15-04-2015, 11:13 PM
Mature Bream

had another quick fish today.
in a spot i like to fish got smashed by turdyis crapfishyis that ate my last 2 gulps, so off to the shops for me.

changed spot and tried a green turtleback...then this guy showed up

he was trying to eat the placcy while i was taking the photo. If you can see it in the piccy, his arms are well and truely wrapped around it.

Other than that, nothing else to report.
Old 15-04-2015, 11:34 PM
Blue Lip

He's keen!
Old 27-04-2015, 11:11 PM
Mature Bream

so been trying the last few days at various tides and different lures etc for nothing.

Question
how long do your persevere with one lure/pattern before trying something new? Even though you know that one has proven to work.
Old 27-04-2015, 11:28 PM
Blue Lip

I would only change if I believe that lure isn't getting to where the fish are or isn't making the most of their feeding habits. Example, if they are actively surface feeding I wouldn't throw a wriggler on despite knowing they love wrigglers. You are fishing a tough area man, I'd stick with what you know works and just hope you get a good day. Or drive to gippy
Old 28-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Mature Bream

dont tempt me with the drive to 'Coota...havent been there in 4 years and its killing me.

yeah i get its a tough area, and i think i will stick with what has worked! Il keep everyone posted.
Old 28-04-2015, 08:24 PM
Big Bream

Have you tried going lighter line? Sometimes that's what works. Also pause the lure a lot longer for a change.
Old 28-04-2015, 11:08 PM
Mature Bream

just added another species to the list from my spot.

Bay trout/ small salmon about 20cm. Took a gulp pumpkin seed turtleback.

Seems someone else has been there since yesterday...If its anyone on here, take you braid home with you, dont leave it in an area that makes fisherman look bad. Especially since its the same colour as mine, i dont want to be accused of littering because you were too lazy to put it in your pocket or you tackle bag.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:19 AM
Mature Bream

well had another crack today and after loosing my sp decided to throw around a vibe that i had with me. Strike pro maybe 35-40. Few cast in and was watching my line...twitch...
...twitch..lift...fish on.
hmm not a huge fish...not much fight...theres a small run...ooo...its another perch...not huge...nah wont worry about the net...just drag...ohh bit of fight now mate...thats it...now il just lift you up and...gone.

lazy me didnt bother to use the net i bought when i dropped the bream. He wasnt huge, maybe 20-22cm and probably worked out better as to not stress the fish too much.

So seems they like vibes too
Old 01-05-2015, 11:56 PM
Mature Bream

Had another crack today around the high tide. Lost the vibe from yesterday so decided to try something different. Tied on a sx402 and caught my first ever fish on a hb today! It was however only a small salmon (bout 15-20cm) and it was caught in the side...but still got one on a hb! Small proud moment!
Old 02-05-2015, 12:14 AM
Blue Lip

Everytime this thread pops up in the "new posts" feed I'm excited ... always expecting to see that you finally got a bream from this spot ...

Congrats on the salmon - and your persistence is admirable. Keep at it
Old 07-05-2015, 11:35 PM
Mature Bream

so had this happen twice today

im starting to wonder if its the same (what i believe to be perch) that i have caught before or they just like that area...
sucks to drop 2 fish or have to "hits" and not hook up. Very frustrating.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:49 PM
Big Bream

I drove over it around 11 and the water was crystal at the bridge. Go higher up and run plastics rigged weedless along the very edge of the mangrove roots. Sucks to miss 2 though
Old 07-05-2015, 11:54 PM
Blue Lip

Cut the plastic down also, if you're getting scales back, they're just swiping at it.

Follow my fishing travels on Facebook
Old 08-05-2015, 12:42 AM
Mature Bream

hadnt thought of them swiping at it, rather than eating it. Would that suggest one type of fish over the other?

I will try shortening it as an option too. I take about an inch off the placcy already, but ill try a bit more. I tend to like this type of placcy as it has a lot of movement in the water as to grab attention, but probably too big.

hmm...a person could go crazy trying to catch something thats just going to go back after a few pretty photos :/
Old 08-05-2015, 12:44 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by xg-panelvanman View Post
hadnt thought of them swiping at it, rather than eating it. Would that suggest one type of fish over the other?

I will try shortening it as an option too. I take about an inch off the placcy already, but ill try a bit more. I tend to like this type of placcy as it has a lot of movement in the water as to grab attention, but probably too big.

hmm...a person could go crazy trying to catch something thats just going to go back after a few pretty photos :/
love the dedication man keep it up.