Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Rods

Rods Get the goss on what’s hot, and what’s not...

Old 18-01-2020, 01:49 AM
Big Bream

2pc (oops, 3 piece) TD Commander

See photos for the result of me daydreaming, Broke about 6 inches off the tip of my TD Commander 722MLXS. So, firstly, can it be fixed and is it worth it? I know i can put a new tip on it, but can I reattach the broken piece using a sleeve or similar? I'm worried just putting a tip on what I have left will leave it pretty useless. Contacted Daiwa about a replacement upper piece and it is $350.00 so that's not happening.

Lastly, if anyone is interested in this as a project piece to fix/use themselves (or perhaps as a source of a cheap lower butt end!), feel free to make an offer. Its a 2 year old rod, but I've used it only once because it sits in between the bream and rock and salmon fishing I usually do. See photo of but end to see that its pretty much untouched. Pity about the other end of course ;-).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buster tip.jpg (299.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg butt end.jpg (302.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg commander specs.jpg (115.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Commander rod parts.jpg (734.5 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Cortinaboy; 18-01-2020 at 01:53 AM.
Old 18-01-2020, 05:23 AM
Mature Bream

You can fit an internal sleeve.I fixed one i made for a mate who snapped it reversing into snags to retieve a lure.He was devoed as it was his 60th birthday pressy.Luckily I had a piece of a broken rod that fitted inside.Works perfectly and noeone would know the difference.
Old 18-01-2020, 05:03 PM
Big Bream

Thanks Royflatmate but that wont work here because the section is solid so can only put a new piece around, not through. Unless you mean put the piece of broken rod around the two broken pieces of mine? I guess it might be worth a try.

Stuart
Old 19-01-2020, 06:19 AM
Mature Bream

The repair I did was to a hollow blank but the insert was solid.From a Daiwa rod that you could bend in a circle.Like the Phoenix blanks.Supposebly unbreakable but they didn't account for an esky lid slamming down on it.Wouldn't go for an outside sleeve in my opinion just have to suck it up.

cheers.....Roy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: