View Single Post
Old 29-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Poddy Bream

Mate coming from a person who has been in sales positions since I finished year 12 (10 years)....goto uni. If you want to get into the fishing industry, do a business degree. If you want to be involved in the tackle industry, a business degree will be really handy to have and will see be a hell of a lot more eligible for positions and help you climb or even bypass positions a lot quicker if your looking to work with market leaders. Just remember that tackle companies are businesses, and the better educated you are in how they work, the more they are going to want you to help their business succeed!

If I had my time again I would have done uni, as much as the thought of it makes me cringe. Im even possibly going to start doing a business degree by correspondence next year so that I have options if I ever want to leave what I'm doing. Having a qualification to back up your experience will keep you ahead of the rest for the rest of your life. Without it you will need a lot of luck, know some people and work extremely hard to prove your worth without a degree. As an employer I would always prefer someone with formal training and experience over experience alone.

Last edited by LureAddicts; 29-07-2013 at 08:44 PM.