View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 09:18 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratbags View Post
I Ickes up 3 of the new nets on Friday, they are such a simple & sensible design, it’s taken a few years to get them in & the operas out. Best thing is they’re free to swap over
Yeah depending on your style of fishing, the new nets could actually out fish the opera house nets under certain circumstances.

If you leave them in over night, the Operas would win - but if you were checking them every 15 mins, I'm assuming the open style would come into their own.

From the underwater go pro footage I've watched of Crab cage nets - the crabs often take a long time to find the entrance - where as with open style nets they are on the bait in an instant - so if you're a netter that cant sit still and always wants to check the nets - the new nets could prove more effective.

Just need a go pro to monitor how long it takes for yabbies to find the bait in you favourite water way - then find out how long they will sit on the bait before leaving - I wonder if the new nets would help weed out the little fellas as well - ie The bigger yabbies come in and scare the little fellas out - as opposed to an opera house net when everything stays trapped

I've got a clear shallow spot where I can run some tests with a stop watch - might give it a crack one balmy night.

Drop a chop in - see how long it takes them to come over - then check periodically to see how many yabbies are on the bait and see if the big fellas push the little blokes out

Last edited by yellow door 1; 12-09-2018 at 11:50 PM.