Thread: Heavy leaders?
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2014, 02:02 AM
Fingerling

I'm fairly new to bream fishing,only started around 6 months ago cause I wanted to get into comp fishing for something new. What I have found is I'm using 4lb more consistantly compared to when I first started I was Using 6-8lb. The type of bream fishing I do is mainly structure based pontoons,pylons,rock bars,slipways and so on. I was loosing fish on the 6-8lb set ups and not getting as much action.so as I got a little more familiar as to how these fish fight I saw myself going lighter to get more of a bite . Now I pretty much just fish 4lb with plastics and 6lb in heavy structure when I've got a hard body on. (They cost more) and yeah I get dusted sometimes but I've also pulled some nice 40's too. The big thing for me was that I sat back and looked at how I was fighting these fish (coming from a bass fishing background it's go hard or get done) so I changed to a more soft approach. Instead of trying to reef em out I fished them out changed rod angles, instead of pulling with the rod I just kept reeling just things to change there thinking. Since I have started doing this I have been getting more bites and less busy offs.So maybe look at changing your fighting style. Cause at the end of the day just cause you go heavier doesn't mean your not going to get dusted either.

Dane ...