View Single Post
Old 25-12-2015, 08:53 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooling89 View Post
This was shot in 2005 with a a tail length of 26" long but was DNA tested and found to be a unit of a feral cat..
I've seen some mindgy looking wild dogs and some big feral cats whilst hunting, I think big feral cats is the answer with the majority of images looking like they've been taken with a potato and with the amount of hunters/farmers out there yet not one shot or any carcass's found of the so called panther.
That thing is no bigger than a large cat, there are non cropped pictures about that show the guy and the bike are a long way back from the hanging cat.

I have no doubt there are large cats about as a result of released animals. In the 70's animal parks were a big thing and when the popularity declined and animal welfare groups swung in to action most closed up shop. Here in NSW two of the bigger ones were the African Lion safari and Bullens animal world.

I remember playing on a golf coarse near one of them in the mid 2000's and an early start would always be met with lions roar, echoing in the distance, as they were waiting for their morning meal. This was roughly 20 years since the park closed, so the big cats were still doing ok.

The location of the park gave direct access in to 700, 000 acres of Blue Mountains National Park and with both food and water plentiful, I'm sure any escaped or released animals are doing well.