View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarner447 View Post
Just curious as to what has happened here? Is it just me that thinks this site has died or do more agree? Why has it died? Can it be brough back to life? This site use to be such a great place for info and i myself used to post an average 6 times a day but now nearly never....so lets hear peoples opinions to why they think it died....thats if anyone even reads this...
My personal experience has been hit & miss to be honest. Let me explain.

So I joined the forum in an effort to read and learn. I didn't really post much as I had no clue what I was doing both as a Bream fisherman and also how the site works, I still struggle to produce a decent post and much thanks to "Yellow Door" who has provided heaps of advice and I am feel I am getting better.

Any how, I posted a few of my YouTube vid's to see how they would go. I know that lots of crew from Bream Master have watched them from this site as it shows up the percentage of views from traffic sources in my YouTube analytics's. How ever I wasn't getting a whole lot of interaction on my posts and that was really disappointing to be honest as I am not fussed about the views, I am keen to learn. At the start I only posted links to the vids and I got a little bit of interaction with some great advice, I was keen to learn more about Bream fishing from the wealth of knowledge on here and as my vids show, I am only new and leaning the sport. So in an effort to gain more interaction on this site I dedicated some time (lots as I had to learn to use the site) to producing a better post including a story, with pics and links to the vids I had made. I grouped a few vids onto one post so I wasn't spamming the site and hoped to gain some interaction. Well it back fired, I had the same views from this site to the vids on YouTube as shown in the YouTube analytics's, so I know crew are watching the vids from this forum but for some reason I lost interaction on my post, Yellow Door is working hard to make people feel welcome and help out. However crew, when you spend a day putting up a post (mostly because your learning to use the site) you hope to gain more interaction than just the moderators. Ill be trying again today with a new vid and a PB recorded in my story and I ll see how we go? Maybe Ill get 3 replies on my post?

Sorry guys, I am usually very positive but this got me going a bit, any advice will be much appreciated.

MHX 720 Custom 6'
Shimano Sienna 1000
Glide Reflections modified

RIP(on the bottom of the Collie River)
Shimano Bushy Lurelegend 5'10"
Daiwa Sweepfire 2500