View Single Post
Old 25-11-2020, 06:13 AM
Big Bream

Hi mate,

I also started bream fishing in the maribyrnong so I know where you’re fishing and the frustration of finding a technique that works. Personally I found yd’s approach of using small hardbodies ( sx40s and similar) was the best way to start. Cast along the banks ( about 1-2m out) and use a stop start retrieve where the stop part lasts a few secs. Banging the lure into the rocks often drew the attention of fish. I’d just wander along the bank and then back so you weren’t staying in the one spot. If casting out, a sp bouncing on the bottom can work, or a fluttering hardbody like a metal vibe or a strike pro micro vibe. Once you get some success with those you can get a feel for what the fish respond to and you can try the sps or other lures. the trouble is when you haven’t caught anything, you never know if it’s you or the fish that’s the problem. You basically need a starting point of a lure and technique that works and then you’re off and running. Personally I found the bridge pylons to be the best bet if the banks weren’t working or the tide was out.