View Single Post
Old 27-02-2018, 09:12 PM
Big Bream

I don't like to think that it actually died. It's just a bit sick, that's all.

In my mind, the problems started when we had lots and lots of technical problems at the site. It was out of action for ages. Many people just gave up on it. I know I nearly did.

This has been compounded by the plethora of Facebook fishing pages that are currently out there. Many members are now getting their fishing 'fix' on Facebook. It's pretty much the same for all forum sites, Facebook is taking over, to a degree. However, Facebook will never be able to provide the information that a proper forum site, like Bream Master can, as the Facebook pages are just a hodgepodge of random posts, posted one day and mostly never looked at again. They don't have any order or longevity. It's difficult to use them as a research tool, unlike a proper forum site.

Hopefully Bream Master will regain some of its former glory. We need to see more fishing reports and more nitty gritty stuff about how to catch bream under adverse conditions.

We have a few die hards, who have nursed the site along through the hard times and my thanks goes out to them.