View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 06:01 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella fella View Post
Learn to "flip" cast. You can become insanely accurate within a days practice, far more so than with spin gear. When I first learned how to do it I could land a lure in the filter box up the other end of my pool after an hour or so. It helps a lot if you cast and hold the rod in the same hand as well. Before long you'll be reaching for a short bc setup to use in the thick scrub because you won't need to accommodate for any back swing at all and having your thumb on the spool makes it very easy to halt a cast if you were ever to become overzealous with your flipping.
Yeah, when I've watched those bass guys flipping short distances to the edge of reeds - the amount of ground they can cover very quickly is impressive -it looks like they are working twice as quick as an angler with spin tackle could

So I spose it depends on where you're casting from and how far away your target is - When I typed the initial question I was thinking of trying to cast to the other side of the river with limited back swing.

Last edited by yellow door 1; 08-04-2017 at 06:49 PM.