View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 04:54 AM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Osborne View Post
well at least this thread is still alive. I do agree with the gear slagging comment Kevvy, and Collie Yak, hang in their bud the bream scene can appear very secretive and fickle at times.
I feel that folks shut down with trip reports and methods when they see evidence of what had been a productive scenic paradise overrun with fresh faces all of a sudden.

Was a time when what got posted stayed very much inside the group. Folks twigged onto joining just for info on where and when, that practice has exploded into epademic proportions.

Folks nowerdays trawl through these sites in ever increasing numbers and act on the information gained..

One person started reporting on a local salt water river where he caught bream and mulloway. It took just three weeks for the pot hunting navy to move in and shut the place down.

Another wrote an article in a monthly magazine using very emotive language....sure enough big spike in visitor numbers.

I did a spot on Rex Hunts fishing show and innocently passed on some insider information on a hot Snapper bite. Nearly got lynched by the local Maltese Navy, and I never ever got another hot tip.....

Its a sign of the tjimrs I feel.