View Single Post
Old 17-10-2010, 05:59 AM
Big Bream

Hey mate, yeah voli voli has 2 boats one is a little centre console you could run about on the bay in possibly. And Wananavu has similar stuff. You will love the marina at wananavu it's a land based fishermans paradise. You can see to the bottom and on the left hand side as you approach is a rock wall which drops onto a shallow reef, and to the right of that is a white sandy beach and flats. There is a beautiful village down the road right on the beach and they have little canoes and what not.

In terms of tackle....i used a budget setup a shimano 3000 something or other on a .....i hate to say it Jarvis Walker 5-10kg. Only rod i had at the house and good tackle is hard to come by.

Man did i get smashed on this setup, spooled about 3 times. Had to replace the line so many times because it stretched so much that it just curled up. The rod performed well though. In terms of lures take poppers and minnows over the 120mm mark. But then again i am not a pro at chasing bigger reef species and pelagics. If anyone could give you a good idea it would be guys that have fished ningaloo conditions are probably not to much different. One huge tip is get good line mate that's probably the biggest thing that let me down. I didn't have access to good line and it made things really difficult. At one stage i has to use some 12lb flouro that i had in my tacklebox for when i chase flatties. Needless to say this didn't go well.