View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 02:18 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by budget View Post
hi guys,
a few questions if i can please,i have done a bit of fishing in the past but really am probably the worst fisherman going around so hence the post.
i am really lucky to have yellow fin whiting literally swim straight past my door (twenty feet)and i have been getting a good feed of late with bait but would love to get into lures.
my reasons for this as the wife and i love caravanning and i thought not having to worry about bait all the time would be a huge plus.
so a few questions please i need a good 7' rod,a good lure and some even better advice.
i have a brand new shimano sedona 2500 in the cupboard and need to get a cheap spinning rod to suit.i just want to experiment first up. i have read about the bass day sugar pen hf119 but you just can't buy them ,any other ideas?
i have some 12 pound braid will that surfice?
another question please can someone explain what a leader is and how to set it up?
last but not least, the incoming tide travels right to left and i would like to cast from the left and retrieve to the right coming back against the tide would this be ok?
thanks a lot
paul
Gday Paul - I've never fished for sand whiting but I've got a couple of King George on Gulp 6 inch worm.

While you are waiting for the Popper guys to reply - you might want to watch some of these youtube vids - Plenty of tips - And Judging by the presenters - they wont be shy on recommending some of shimano's finest popping out fits

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ing+on+poppers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9493.jpg (105.0 KB, 8 views)