View Single Post
Old 16-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windknot View Post
Around 25 years back, I was a mad keen flyfisherman. It was pretty much the only fishing I did in those days. I was particularly interested in saltwater flyfishing.

Anyway, when my kids came along and I had to work hard to pay off the mortgage, my fishing took a backseat for years. When the kids were little I took up lure fishing for bream, as it was easier than flyfishing for them learn. That's when my passion for catching bream on lures really took off.

Now the kids are adults and I find that I'm thinking more and more about flyfishing again. I have lots of leisure time on my hands now that I have retired. I will always love catching bream on lures, but now there's time to do both.

I'm really enjoying my flyfishing. It's something pretty special when you manage to catch a decent fish on a fly you've made yourself. It's also great fun and also very satisfying tying your own flies.

I was just wondering how many other forum members like to dabble in a bit of flyfishing from time to time.
I wouldn't know how to do it but it looks awesome. I am currently learning to lure fish for Bream, I have always thought it was a natural progression in a scale of how awesome some one is at fishing LOL with Bait at the bottom end, lures mid range and fly being the ultimate skill.

MHX 720 Custom 6'
Shimano Sienna 1000
Glide Reflections modified

RIP(on the bottom of the Collie River)
Shimano Bushy Lurelegend 5'10"
Daiwa Sweepfire 2500