Bream Master Forums

Bream Master Forums (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bream Anglers Tavern (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Was it just a thing while the $ was good?? (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68911)

CK 22-08-2020 10:52 PM

Was it just a thing while the $ was good??

On the prowl for some Real 4 Daiwa's
There used to be a steady stream of good gear for sale here and various other tackle pages but have noticed that it just doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
Is it a case of people knowing people and getting first dibs on this sorta stuff or are people just not turning over there gear like they used to?

HB tragic 23-08-2020 08:53 PM

Probably a little of both. Certainly the names that used to use this site with gear for sale dont show up these days. Personally have been able to set myself up with good second hand gear (from BM) so no need to continue to chase more and/or sell off ... excluding lures of course. Am new to a number of FB sites which seem the way that anglers sell off gear these days. Pity. I found and still do using BM a more 'personal' experience. Regards, Dean. (HBt.)
PS. Sorry. Dont have any 25xx reels for sale. ;)

sevric 23-08-2020 09:06 PM

Pretty much as Dean said. Facebook seems to dominate and most BM members have migrated there. Don't do the Facebook thing myself but to purchase gear that's where you will find most of it.

DrLuvski 24-08-2020 03:03 AM

Yes I also miss being able to pick up some quality gear on here. FB seems to be where it gets put up most of the time. I'd prefer to buy on here though. Never had any issues with descriptions on here but have had a few dodgy descriptions on FB. Eg buying a megabass limited , described as perfect condition. Tuned out the tip had around 2cm missing. Saying that have also picked up a couple of great conditions reels. Sorry, no real four reels to sell.

Slazmo 26-08-2020 06:07 AM

If you sell a Daiwa Certate (pre - magsh*t) you have rocks in your head.

I'm sorry but I couldn't have put that any more kindly...

HB tragic 26-08-2020 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slazmo (Post 696814)
If you sell a Daiwa Certate (pre - magsh*t) you have rocks in your head.

I'm sorry but I couldn't have put that any more kindly...

Sounds good to me. ;) Regards, HBt.

TheChief 18-09-2020 04:34 PM

Hi guys!

Miss the old days. Maybe we need a bream master revival! I'm done with social media I deleted them all back at the start of the year. Best thing I ever did.

yellow door 1 18-09-2020 07:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah 2011 started some overseas buying habits for me;) - not so much now though

Slazmo 18-09-2020 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChief (Post 696847)
Hi guys!

Miss the old days. Maybe we need a bream master revival! I'm done with social media I deleted them all back at the start of the year. Best thing I ever did.

I deleted 780 people off my "friends" list and it was the best thing I ever did.

Not that FB is much these days other than man children exposing themselves and doing stupid shenanigans for the world to see.

HB tragic 18-09-2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChief (Post 696847)
Hi guys!

Miss the old days.

Me too and especially the piscatorial stories, photos and videos that came out of Tasmania. Glad to see that you are still around Chief ... and Simon?
Regards, Dean (HBt.)
PS. Am awaiting with much anticipation a new rod coming out of Tassy. At 8'6" it will be a new experience. ;)

TheChief 19-09-2020 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB tragic (Post 696850)
Me too and especially the piscatorial stories, photos and videos that came out of Tasmania. Glad to see that you are still around Chief ... and Simon?
Regards, Dean (HBt.)
PS. Am awaiting with much anticipation a new rod coming out of Tassy. At 8'6" it will be a new experience. ;)

Hey mate, maybe we'll put the effort in and start posting on here again. Social media is just full of random plebs. The forum just feels a bit more genuine if you know what I mean.

Simons still about to. Funny we don't actually fish as much together these days but actually spend more time shooting and hunting etc..

HB tragic 19-09-2020 01:53 AM

Interesting scenario stalking bream and then shooting them. Is your catch rate any greater? Would make a great video if there was anything left of the fish. ;) Regards, HBt.

TheChief 19-09-2020 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB tragic (Post 696858)
Interesting scenario stalking bream and then shooting them. Is you catch rate any greater? Would make a great video if there was anything left of the fish. ;) Regards, HBt.

haha nah makes it harder, you get 1 and then they tend to spook lol.

clis 21-09-2020 06:25 AM

Maybe the Chief is right...perhaps we should make the effort again...I really used to enjoy buying and selling good gear

TheChief 22-09-2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clis (Post 696864)
Maybe the Chief is right...perhaps we should make the effort again...I really used to enjoy buying and selling good gear

I have some gear to move to....maybe I'll post it on the weekend...;)