Bream Master Forums

Bream Master Forums (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tournament Chat (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   2017 Hobie Australian Bream Championships (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67954)

Shortytheyakker 18-11-2017 08:09 PM

2017 Hobie Australian Bream Championships

Getting to the pointy end now after two days of fishing W.A has 4 in top 5 going into last day , Simon Morley from N.S.W is in 4 th place & ready to make his big move today , Alex Griesdolf is leading but it's anybody race .

Check out results at hobiefishing. Com. Au it looks like that's the place to visit to watch the live feed also at 2pm Western Australian time

I have been down to the weighin both days and dinner last night it's been awesome Hobie also put on fireworks for the City of Mandurah .

So will the W.A boys prevail or will the East coasters upset the applecart and throw spanners in the works ?

If you live locally in Perth or Mandurah get down to Manduah quay resort before2 pm for a cracking afternoon , it's off Sticks Blvd

Going to be an exciting day .

Hobie fishing Australasia is a good page to visit also , has all the interviews Sean Higgins has a good bag early once again going by what we can see in the well, he got a 1.30 kg first morning .

This will be the first tournsment ever for triple donuts to , a lot of hard work for nought - that's fishing
On Edit well history shows first year kayaker Paul Burton took out the top prize & W.A got 6 in top 10 despite only have 8 out off 44 competeors , solid fishing but shows how local knowledge can help greatly to

Hobie out did themselves this year I have been following closely since 2009 and first competed at Walpole in 2010 and this was the biggest & best event ever , they even put on fireworks on the Saturday night and locals raved about it on local chat pages in Mandurah

Not sure if snglers liked the three day fishing format ?

But well done to everybody was an awesome event & loved heading down to weighin each day cheers ( Colin " Shorty"Peasey .

John Osborne 19-11-2017 10:25 AM

I would like to congratulate the "Eastern anglers" that made the effort to come over to WA and fish a 3 day event in a waterway that they haven't even seen before. well done guys.

Shortytheyakker 19-11-2017 07:13 PM

Well done to Paul Burton I think I failed to mentioned it was his first year in the kayaks .

95 per cent of folks loved the three day format Steve Field says I think we may see it as a regular feature in the future .

The biggest Suprise for me personally was seeing all the kayaks on the shore getting hosed down or getting tidied up with up to 45 minutes to go when I came down to the weighin , I counted 30 that had finished up very early on day two I actually thought I missed the weighin , most of W.A guys fished right up to the last minute so good to see & we're catching fish on the late bite while others were hosing down , Tho I do know what's it's like catching nothing all day sometimes you have had enough .

Shame Richard Sommerton Australia's N0. 1 could not make it across , maybe next time he will be over and show the locals some tricks ? Fingers crossed