Bream Master Forums

Bream Master Forums (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Campers, Tents and More (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   time to hit the road! (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54501)

brad mcdonald 04-07-2013 11:10 PM

time to hit the road!

hi all,

some of you know that we have been planning a decent trip for a fair while now ... well the time has just about come to hit the road! :D:D

expect to depart Monday or Tuesday next week....

I'll through up the odd post here and there (hopefully with me holding a 1.2m pig of a barra) just to stay in touch.

for those who may be interested we will be updating our blog as we go.

http://ouroutbackadventure.wordpress.com/

expect it to be updated infrequently with crap photos and bad spelling ... but should be worth a laugh!

see you in 12 weeks!

Bear 05-07-2013 12:24 AM

Have a ball Brad.

Brad Y 05-07-2013 12:39 AM

Safe travels, watch your temperatures ;):D and I hope you only catch a 1.1m barra.

brad mcdonald 05-07-2013 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear (Post 563324)
Have a ball Brad.

plan to mate - cant wait to get out there!

brad mcdonald 05-07-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad Y (Post 563327)
Safe travels, watch your temperatures ;):D and I hope you only catch a 1.1m barra.

so so angry. to many green cans for you pal!

brand spankers hi performance alloy rad should fix that problem .... if not there will be a patrol going cheap!

scubascott 06-07-2013 02:10 AM

I'll be keeping an eye on your blog. I plan on doing a similar trip with my long service next year for the runoff. I'll be in a GU patrol too, they are a trusty chariot.
Good luck and may you land many meterys

J&KMiddleton 06-07-2013 06:27 AM

Nice one Brad hope you have a ball and come across many meter plus barra will be keeping an eye on your blog

brad mcdonald 07-07-2013 04:28 AM

thanks fellas - successful trial pack today so looking good to get the flock out of town real soon!

Dror 07-07-2013 09:18 PM

Enjoy the trip mate, sounds like it will be epic.

brad mcdonald 17-07-2013 09:16 PM

in Yulara now .... a few issues on the GCR but got here mostly in 1 piece. dont a fish in site .... yet

Mark M 17-07-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad mcdonald (Post 565578)
in Yulara now .... a few issues on the GCR but got here mostly in 1 piece. dont a fish in site .... yet

Some great pics on the blog Macca, I see your Mrs knows the password to the blog though :D

If stubbies are $6.50 each, how much is a new tyre for the Patrol :eek:

Safe trails, more pics....

scubascott 17-07-2013 11:32 PM

Looks good, sucks to shred a tyre so early. Do you drop some air out of your tyres for the gravel?

brad mcdonald 18-07-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark M (Post 565597)
Some great pics on the blog Macca, I see your Mrs knows the password to the blog though :D

If stubbies are $6.50 each, how much is a new tyre for the Patrol :eek:

Safe trails, more pics....

hopefully a warranty job in Alice, still have the thing strapped to the roof rack. the perth distributor i brought them off has teed up one in my size to be there for me .... only issue will be price. who knows..... i nearly brought a second hand highway terrain in Warburton for $280 ..... :eek: then a maori fell gave me direction to his mates mechanics yard, through town (an eye opener that trip i tell ya) a quick scrounge and $50 later i had a "back up" fitted.

add a heap more stuff to the blog tonight as well.

brad mcdonald 18-07-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubascott (Post 565599)
Looks good, sucks to shred a tyre so early. Do you drop some air out of your tyres for the gravel?

first and last i hope!

i didnt drop them on the first leg. had a heap of differing advice on pressures ranging from 25 to 55 psi. so i stuck with my normal road pressures as it was not soft at all really. that failed. so i dropped them back - i made sure they were 40 hot (another bonus of the 4.8 is i need to stop every 2 hours to tip in another jerry so plenty of chances to check the pressures :rolleyes:) got though ok after that.

funnily enough the fellas who told me 55 psi blew a tyre and the ones who told me 25 also blew a tyre. so thats a cooper a bfg and a michilen all at differnet pressures all blowing on the same trip .... luck of the draw i think..... who knows

Hooked 18-07-2013 11:46 PM

Loving the read mate safe travels and cant wait to see more of the adventure...:cool:

Stevo

P.S As for tyres I always drop 20% highway tyre pressure on the hard gravel roads down south.