Bream Master Forums

Bream Master Forums (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Leader (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   vanish vs fc rock (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58460)

dman 24-02-2014 08:56 PM

vanish vs fc rock

heard that vanish is a good leader but has bad knot strength.. i have also heard that fc is a good leader... any opionins....

thanks dman

Breamingwithjoy 24-02-2014 09:08 PM

I rate FC rock higher than almost anything.

nereus 24-02-2014 09:13 PM

+1

Alex 24-02-2014 09:16 PM

Forget vanish get an fc rock.

If you are on a budget, get some sunline FC sniper or Nitlon.

Also use search function to get some info on the related subjects. Those topics "which leader is better?" were covered before.

cheers

Bream Ville 24-02-2014 09:25 PM

Dc rock All the way

TwinPower 25-02-2014 01:16 AM

i hear so much good things about fc rock
do they sell them in bigger chain stores like BEEE Ceee or ANconda/ DohDohDohDoh?

dman 25-02-2014 02:09 AM

yeah.. I was wondering where you can buy it from :confused::confused::confused:

nbdshroom 25-02-2014 05:19 AM

I didn't think Vanish and FC rock could be mentioned in the same sentence.:cool:

FC rock is the ducks nuts. I'm about to get another spool.

Not sold in B C F, I get mine from fishin.com.au. Moustache tackle stock them also.

markas76 25-02-2014 06:07 AM

FC rock is the first and only leader ive ever used. Its great stuff, never had an issue with it so ive never bothered trying other brands. Try some you wont regret it, and its good value for money aswell.

SOL_LADY 25-02-2014 11:38 AM

FC ROCK FOR ME ;)
I can rock around the rocks and other structures that I could not with others.
I love it :)
Gae.

Kinga86 25-02-2014 11:48 AM

Nitlon is really good in my opinion as well. Vanish aint so good :(

SLAZMO 25-02-2014 05:58 PM

Just to play another tune.

I have used Vanish line as leader for many years and still do, catch fish and not have knots snap on me, only knots that have snapped are those of my slim beauty or double uni from over use as the main line sometimes frays.

So unless we're tying knots poorly or just pushing the boundaries too far the Vanish line or leader as leader material passes my books as suitable.

+1 Berkley Vanish (FC line as leader)

Sloth 25-02-2014 06:29 PM

I think this may be a case of pearls before swine and I think Alex and BWJ may make me wash my mouth out ..... but :D

For leader I use 2lb FC rock bream special, 4lb vanish, 6lb fc rock bream special and 8lb vanish. The vanish is just the standard stuff on 110yd spools (not the leader material).

FC rock bream special at 20 bucks for 50 yds
vanish at 9 bucks for 110 yds

Majority of the time I'm fishing the 6lb fc rock or 4lb vanish. Have to be honest - I really can't tell much difference. However I also haven't had that many bust-offs. I think the main reason is I'm a noob and I'm not firing lures into the areas the experienced guys do, I'm getting smaller bream and I'm putting less pressure on them.

I don't doubt the more experienced people that fc rock is a superior product - just keep in mind a noob fishes differently to someone with more experience.

When I tied on a vanish leader I don't think. When I strip off some fc rock leader it does cross my mind thats about 2 bucks worth :) If budget isn't a consideration get fc rock - its a nice product and I have no complaints. If you need be like a budgie then vanish is worth considering ... I also have no complaints about it ..... yet :)

dman 25-02-2014 06:37 PM

my question is where to get fc rock from and how much is it

Sloth 25-02-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dman (Post 602438)
my question is where to get fc rock from and how much is it

http://bit.ly/1c5QQLJ

Personally, I got mine from www.fishin.com.au - look under flouro leader section.